Are you good at biology? Try the quizzes below about cells, microbiology, evolution, genes, and other topics before looking in the box right below each question for the hidden answer.
1. Which famous scientist is associated with the theory of evolution and natural selection?
2. Can frogs live in salt water?
3. Right or wrong? The common cold is caused by a virus.
4. What animals are both carnivores and herbivores called?
5. Bacterial infections in humans can be treated with what drugs?
6. What is the name of the genetic object in the nucleus of the cell that is stained with alkaline dye?
7. What is the process of converting in green plants from sunlight into living energy called?
8. What is the death of all individuals of the same species called?
9. Pasteur method is named after which famous microbiologist?
10. Right or wrong? The salamander is a warm-blooded creature
False, a cold-blooded creature
11. What is a change in the genes of an organism that produces a different trait called?
13. How many joints are there on each leg of an ant?
14. To fight infection, what do white blood cells make in the body?
15. How to determine the age of a tree?
Number of circles on a flat cut of the tree’s stump
16. The process of breaking down food in the body is called?
17. What part of the brain controls hunger?
18. Where do conifers keep their seeds?
19. What is the outermost covering of trees and some other plants called?
20. What vitamins are made by our skin when exposed to sunlight?
21. Tigon is the son of a hybrid tiger with what animal?
22. What is the Hominidae?
Hominidae, also known as Great Apes, is a family of walking primates
23. What constitutes the outer boundary of a cell and controls the movement of ions and molecules into and out of the cell?
24. Plants use chlorophyll to make glucose, what is this process called?
25. What is the cell where the virus targets to reproduce?
26. What is the most basic structural unit in a living organism?
27. What disease was the first vaccine for?
28. What is the largest organ of the human body?
29. The name “Jonquil” is the name of?
Name of a flower
30. What are the small air sacs in the lungs called?
31. Which bacteria “eat” other bacteria?
32. What nerve tissue is responsible for converting light energy into vision and sending information to the brain?
33. How many stages are there in the life cycle of a butterfly?
34. What is the largest artery in the human body?
35. What is the sticky part on the pistil?